Crews continue to construct sidewalks, driveways, and other concrete flat work on the south side of 40th Street. These activities, including the installation of street lights and preliminary landscaping, are scheduled for completion by mid-November. Additionally, the activation of the new traffic signal at Adams Avenue and a traffic switch to the south side of the road will be completed by the end of November.
What to Expect
• Construction activities Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• One travel lane in each direction with reduced speed limits
• Temporary side street restrictions accessing 40th Street
• Increased noise and vibration during work hours
• Left-turn restrictions throughout the work zone
• Construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway
• Temporary closures of side streets and sidewalks within the work zone
• Traffic delays during peak travel times
Unforeseen circumstances encountered during construction have extended the original schedule, and crews will need to suspend activities for the winter season starting December 16. While most of the project will be complete by December (see map below), some remaining items such as paving and landscaping will be postponed until warmer temperatures return. The construction team has adjusted the schedule to resume construction in March and project completion is estimated in May 2018.
While we realize this adjustment will prolong inconveniences, we believe it will result in a better quality road, which will reduce future maintenance costs and impacts. Our goal is to finish the project as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we near its completion.
Contact the project team to sign up for construction updates or visit our YouTube channel to watch videos showing progress on the project.
Hotline: (385) 210-0400
YouTube: South Ogden Channel