Crews are conducting hydrant work at 900 East, as well as installing a pedestrian crossing. Both tasks are expected to be completed by the end of this week (September 23/24). Also this week, crews will continue excavation work between Adams and Orchard Avenues, including road base placement, and curb and gutter construction. Paving is scheduled to begin by the end of the month.
40th Street Traffic Detour
The detour around the work zone continues along 42nd Street between Jefferson Avenue and 900 East. This configuration will remain in place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for approximately one more week. The detour is allowing crews to connect water lines from side streets into the main line.
Access to businesses within the detour remains open. Crews have placed business access signs to mark entrances and parking areas along the corridor.
Residents may experience discolored water as a result of upgrading underground waterlines. If this occurs, it is recommended to run cold water through the bathtub faucet as filters meant to trap sediments may clog smaller faucets. Residents may call the Public Works Department at 801-622-2901 with questions about water quality or visit: www.southogdencity.com/public_works/water for more information.
What to Expect
• Construction activities Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• One travel lane in each direction with reduced speed limits
• Temporary side street restrictions accessing 40th Street
• Increased noise and vibration during work hours
• Left turn restrictions throughout the work zone
• Construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway
• Temporary closures of side streets and sidewalks within the work zone
• Traffic delays during peak travel times
The project schedule is subject to change due to weather and equipment availability.
Contact the project team to sign up for construction updates or visit our YouTube channel to watch videos showing progress on the project.
Hotline: (385) 210-0400
YouTube: South Ogden Channel