2019 Election InformationIf you are interested in declaring your candidacy for a city council seat in the 2019 election, you must do so in the office of the City Recorder during regular office hours, 8 am-5pm, M-F, June 3 thru June 7.
There are three council seats open for election this year. All seats are at-large and for a four year term. All candidates must:
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing;
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next Municipal Election;
- Be a resident of South Ogden City or a resident of an area recently annexed into South Ogden City for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election;
- Be a registered voter of South Ogden City
- Pay the $25 filing fee
- In accordance with the Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.5