Crews continue construction and expect project completion in June 2018.
Roadway construction and excavation activities will continue through the end of April. 40th Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction as crews perform paving activities on the North side of 40th Street between Jefferson Avenue and Gramercy Avenue on May 2. Please use caution when driving through the work zone.
*Please note that on-street parking along 40th Street will be restricted. Current traffic patterns on the South side of 40th Street will remain unchanged through the construction period.
PLAN AHEAD - ROAD CLOSURE
The city is evaluating a permanent solution at 40th Street and Madison. As part of this evaluation, the road will be closed until further notice except for local traffic. Drivers should plan ahead and use 41st Street and Jefferson Avenue as an alternate route.
What to Expect
• Construction activities Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Increased noise and vibration during work hours
• Left-turn restrictions throughout the work zone
• Construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway
• Temporary closures of side streets and sidewalks within the work zone
• Traffic delays during peak travel times
Contact the project team to sign up for construction updates or visit our YouTube channel to watch videos showing progress on the project.