10/17/14 - Pooch Parade
10/27/14 - Trunk or Treat
10/14/14 - Scarecrow Contest
2014 Road Projects
South Ogden City Projects 2014
• Chambers Street Rebuild Project - This project is in the final stages and projected to be completed approximately October 10, 2014. The construction is on Chambers Street from Glasmann Way to 1050 East.
Bid Amount: $434,890.00
• 1075 East Street Rebuild Project - Construction has began on this project. Due to poor quality of subsoil, extra excavation and material will be required and will increase cost and delay the completion date of approximately October 30, 2014. Construction will be from 5700 South to 5950 South on 1075 East.
Bid Amount: $477,785.00
• Willow Wood Drive Street Rebuild Project - Advanced Paving was rewarded this project. This project will be postponed until Spring 2015 or as soon as weather permits. The road will be cleaned up and have temperary asphalt installed. Construction will be from Village Way to 5875 South including 5850 South cul-de-sac on Willow Wood Drive.
Bid Amount: $268,920.00
• Willow Wood Drive Waterline Project – This project is complete.
Bid Amount: $144,339.00
• Road Overlay Project - 850 East (Highway 89 to 5875 South) prep work began September 29, 2014, paving will begin approximately October 1, 2014; Burch Creek Drive (Edgewood Drive to Highway 89) prep work will begin approximately between October 6 and 10, 2014, paving will begin approximately bewteen October 13 and 17, 2014; Glassman Way (5100 South to Highway 89) prep work began September 29, 2014, paving will begin approximately October 1, 2014; and 5700 South (850 East to 1050 East) prep work will begin approximately between October 6 and 10, 2014, paving will begin approximately bewteen October 13 and 17, 2014.
Bid Amount: $660,730.00
• 40th Street Storm Drain Project - Leon Poulsen Consruction was award this project. The project is approximately 50% complete and completion date is approximately October 11, 2014. Construction will be from Jefferson to Nordin on 40th Street.
Bid Amount: $263,017.00
• Crack Seal Project – This project is complete.
Bid Amount: $37,515.00
• Street Striping Project – This project was awarded to Peck Striping, Inc. and work will begin approximately October 10, 2014.
Bid Amount: $9,310.00
All completed dates on all projects are an estimated date. Projects may be completed early or extended due to weather or any other unexpected problems.
Building Better Lives Program by Purina Cat Chow
We received a $2,500 donation from the #PurinaCatChow Building Better Lives program! #CatsOutOfTheBag
Please share your cat’s story using #myrescuestory and #PurinaCatChow on facebook and/or Twitter before September 2, 2014 and Purina will donate an additional $50K to The Petfinder Foundation if the national goal is met!
We thank all of our supporters, volunteers, and of course Adopters for all that you have done for us! Whether it has been giving a Foster home, your time, or adopting one of our lovely pets and giving them a FOREVER home we are truly grateful for it!