10/14/14 - Scarecrow Contest
9/27/14 - Walk for Alzheimers
9/18/14 - “Real Men Can Cook”
2014 Road Projects
South Ogden City Projects 2014
• Chambers Street Rebuild Project - Granite Construction started this project on approximately July 15, 2014 and projected to be completed approximately September 8, 2014. The construction is on Chambers Street from Glasmann Way to 1050 East.
Bid Amount: $434,890.00
• 1075 East Street Rebuild Project - Advanced Paving was awarded this project and plans to begin work approximately September 2, 2014 and be completed approximately October 20, 2014. Construction will be from 5700 South to 5950 South on 1075 East.
Bid Amount: $477,785.00
• Willow Wood Drive Street Rebuild Project - This project is currently in the bidding process with a bid opening on August 20, 2014. Construction will be from Village Way to 5875 South including 5850 South cul-de-sac on Willow Wood Drive.
• Willow Wood Drive Waterline Project – Ormond Construction was awarded this project and will be completed approximately September 8, 2014.
Bid Amount: $144,339.00
• Road Overlay Project - This project will be awarded on September 2, 2014 at City Council Meeting. Roads will include 850 East (Highway 89 to 5875 South); Burch Creek Drive (Edgewood Drive to Highway 89); Glassman Way (5100 South to Highway 89); and 5700 South (850 East to 1050 East).
Bid Amount: $660,730.00
• Crack Seal Project – This project has been awarded to M & M Asphalt Services, Inc. Roads will include 38th Street (Nordin Avenue to Evelyn Road); 5950 South (1050 East to 5875 South); Gibbs Circle (Country Club to End); Yale Drive (Country Club to Country Club); 800 East (4875 South to Edgewood Drive); 1300 East (5100 South to 5375 South); 5700 South (1050 East to Maplewood Drive); Oakwood Drive (5700 South to Crestwood Drive); 5150 South (1300 East to End); 5275 South (1300 East to Hidden Creek Gate); Carney (Evelyn to Raymond); Nordin (Bel Mar to 40th Street); Raymond (Nordin to 40th); Country Club (40th to Country Club); McFarland (Evelyn to Nordin); Oram Circle (Nordin to End); and 5600 South (700 East to 850 East). The project will continue through October 2014.
Bid Amount: $37,515.00
• Street Striping Project – This project was awarded to Peck Striping, Inc. and work will begin approximately September 2nd, 2014.
Bid Amount: $9,310.00
All completed dates on all projects are an estimated date. Projects may be completed early or extended due to weather or any other unexpected problems.
10/8/14 - Open Mic Night at the ZIG
9/30/14 - Veterans Memorial
9/19/14 - Fiesta Fiesta!
At the Browning Armory located on HWY 89 Next to the Driver's License Division
(625 E 5300 S. South Ogden, Utah 84405)
Building Better Lives Program by Purina Cat Chow
We received a $2,500 donation from the #PurinaCatChow Building Better Lives program! #CatsOutOfTheBag
Please share your cat’s story using #myrescuestory and #PurinaCatChow on facebook and/or Twitter before September 2, 2014 and Purina will donate an additional $50K to The Petfinder Foundation if the national goal is met!
We thank all of our supporters, volunteers, and of course Adopters for all that you have done for us! Whether it has been giving a Foster home, your time, or adopting one of our lovely pets and giving them a FOREVER home we are truly grateful for it!