Personal Service Space Rental

Thank you for choosing South Ogden City as a place to locate your business. South Ogden is a great place to start and operate a business and we wish you well as you pursue your desires toward a successful and prosperous endeavor. The Business License Department will assist you with the business license application process and has designed this set of guidelines to help you understand some of the requirements for acquiring and maintaining a business license in South Ogden City. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday – except on legal holidays.

South Ogden City requires licensing of all businesses which engage in any activity carried on for the purpose or gain of economic profit. Engaging in business includes, but is not limited to, the sale of tangible personal property at retail or wholesale, the manufacturing of goods or property and the rendering of personal services for others for a consideration by persons engaged in any profession, trade, craft, business, occupation or other calling, except the rendering of personal services by an employee to his employer under any contract of personal employment. Licenses are required of all occupations based from locations within South Ogden City limits or which carry on business in our city.

In order to facilitate the opening of your business, South Ogden City offers the following information to assist you. These are the steps to follow in order to obtain a business license:

  1. Fill out completely and submit to the city the personal space rental business license application below.
  2. Fill out and submit the Weber County Assessor new business information sheet with your application. We will forward this form to the county for you.
  3. Pay the $25 fee due to the city.
  4. Your business license will be valid when all of the above steps have been completed and you have received your license personally. Licenses will be mailed unless other arrangements have been made. Your license is valid for 12 months from the first day of the month you make application.

If you close or move your business before it is up for renewal, please call and let us know.
If you relocate to another business, notify the city.

Next Step